The 5s principles are an ideal way of bringing a sense of order and organization into any company. It’s one of the best ways available for enhancing customer satisfaction and motivating workers. However, you need to take note that there are certain steps involved in properly implementing the technique. Each of these steps are vital to the overall outcome and should be carried out properly and in sequence, to ensure that successful outcome. You may or may not know that you can also utilize the 5s principles in lean management or the lean six sigma. This is mostly because the 5s principles are known to greatly increase the effectiveness and value of each of these types of management techniques.
The Five Steps Involved Include
- Sorting: this is arranging an area according to what is required. The process should ensure that whatever is being sorted out is in the right proportion. It should also enable the workers and management to easily identify or locate whatever they need to carry out their work.
- Setting in order: this is also known as straightening up. It mostly involves placing tools and equipments in their rightful place. It’s a very convenient step that ensures that no vital activity is overlooked or forgotten.
- Sweeping or shining: this step greatly helps in maximizing the amount of space available. It also ensures that the working environment is clean and free of any harm. This is a good step that can greatly influence how both customers and employees conceive your level of commitment to them.
- Standardizing: This step ensures that everything within the workplace is stable. It’s a method of controlling the work flow within the organization. You are bound to identify all the errors or unnecessary activities during this process. This will eventually help you in planning how you can go forward as an organization.
- Sustaining: This step is extremely vital in ensuring that everything is okay. It also enables the organization to carry out other tasks effectively. It almost always promotes safety and security which is very vital for any workplace.
- How To Make The 5s Principles Work For You In Lean Management
- Utilizing The 5s Principles In Lean Management To Your Advantage
- Points To Note When Implementing The 5s Principles In Lean Management
- Other Supporting Principles Of The 5s Methodology In A Work Place Organization
- A Break Down Of The 5s Philosphy
- Preserving The Environment Utilizing The 5s Lean Management Method
- Total Quality Management And Kaizen Principles In Lean Management– kaizen-news.com
- 5s Principles– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- Incorporate the 5S Steps into the Business– lean-news.com
- Lean Manufacturing Implementation – The First 5 Steps– iecieeechallenge.org
- 5S for Beginners– aislemarking.com
- Safety in the Workplace and 5S– hiplogic.com